[Foundation-l] Copyright issues of wikimedia projects

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Sun May 30 09:26:36 UTC 2004

--- Angela <sloog77 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Fixing the GFDL would be a perfect solution, but until
> that happens, I don't think we should rule out the
> possibility that future projects should be allowed to
> take an alternative route.

And the inability to use the GFDL would be a strong argument against such a
project because of the interim incompatibility and/or adhering to a non-free
license (not to mention inter-project confusion) - as I've already stated. But
I don't forsee any such projects in the immediate pipelime. Wikinews seems to
be a mid to long term goal - 2 to 4 years or until Wikipedia.org is in the top
100 websites (whichever comes first). We should have the license situation
fixed by then.

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)