[Foundation-l] Case - Sensitivity for Wiktionaries

Timwi timwi at gmx.net
Sun May 30 08:32:02 UTC 2004

Ronny Raschkowan wrote:

> So I went here to ask you, what you would think about an case
> sensitivity for _all_ Wiktionaries.

Strong support.

It is often important to distinguish them: In German, "ungar" and
"Ungar" mean vastly different things: "uncooked" and "Hungarian",
respectively. ;-)

It is also extremely useful to distinguish words from different
languages, like English "kind" and German "Kind".

But most of all, I think it is important for people trying to learn
about a language to know whether or not a particular word requires
capitalisation. For many Germans, it is hard to understand that names of
languages (like "English") are capitalised in English even when they are
adjectives.

Timwi