[Foundation-l] Wikipedia Inaccessible In China - story hits the news cycle

Jimmy Wales jwales at bomis.com
Tue Jun 15 10:30:04 UTC 2004

I just sent them a response.  But I would also like to hereby authorize
Andrew Lih to make a statement on our behalf, based on usual happy NPOV
talk.

The essential theme of what I have said is that Wikipedia is nonpolitical,
and neutral.  A ban of Wikipedia is not a ban of propaganda or antigovernment
stuff, just a ban of information.