_[Foundation-l]_Wikimedia_board_of_trustees_/_La_fondation_Wikimédia

Jimmy Wales jwales at bomis.com
Tue Jun 15 10:11:03 UTC 2004

Anthere wrote:
> If only for one reason : transparency. We should not
> build the Foundation upon bricks of secret.

If have no objection, and leave it up to the candidates and the
election organizers to make a decision.  If there is a big big fight
about it, I am happy to decide I guess, but hopefully...

Of course, I am not so sure how meaningful the numbers are.  From
looking at the numbers, it seems obvious to me that a great number of
people followed my desire and advice that we focus on non-American
candidates to give the board some international character.

So low votes for some candidates should not be interpreted as people
not liking or approving of them, but more of them not being well known
or else of them being American.

--Jimbo