[Foundation-l] Election results?

jheiskan at welho.com jheiskan at welho.com
Tue Jun 15 06:41:44 UTC 2004

Lainaus Daniel Mayer <maveric149 at yahoo.com>:

> I wrote:
> > But I do see that Erik and Florence were nearly in a dead heat when
> voting
> > stopped. Might I suggest to the elected trustees that they consider
> changing
> > the draft bylaws to allow for one more trustee and for Erik to fill that
> > position? I think this is important due to the fact that two of the
> current
> > trustees don't seem to be active Wikimedians (Tim Shell was at one time,
> > however). Although I do note that that is not a requirement for life,
> > sustaining, or corporate members. I'm just concerned about the level of
> > activity we can except from Tim Shell and Michael Davis and that most of
> the
> > trustee work will go to just three people.
>
> I stand corrected on Tim. He has made almost 100 edits so far this year. I
> still think that Erik should become the sixth trustee though.
>
> --mav

FWIW, and at the risk of writing a second "me too" post in a row:

I agree that it wouldn't be mischaracterization to call Eriks and Florences
competition a virtual dead heat.

I might modify mavs suggestion though. As there is a potential problem of vote
ties if one trustee or another cannot participate in board votes (if any); why
not hold Eric as a substitute trustee (assuming he is willing). Attending all
meetings, and being a voting trustee on those occasions that only four of the
trustees can be in on the meeting. I do not know how feasible this would be in
regard the laws and bylaws; so if that would not be feasible, in that case mavs
suggestion sounds quite as good, even though perhaps suffering from the
possibility of tied votes; which might have to be addressed.

----
Jussi-Ville Heiskanen