[Foundation-l] Copyright issues of wikimedia projects

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 7 22:37:35 UTC 2004

--- Delirium <delirium at hackish.org> wrote:
> I'm not sure what the "free content" movement should call itself.
> "Creative commons" is one term I rather like, as it emphasizes the space
> (a "commons") in which many different materials (or simply "stuff") can
> co-exist rather than grouping the materials themself under a single
> moniker, but the term seems to already be taken by a particular
> instantiation of the idea.

Actually I just found out that CC founder Larry Lessig is now on the FSF board
of directors. Hopefully this will mean that we will be able to more
successfully lobby for a FDL 2.0 and CC-by-sa that are compatible and thus be
able to migrate to the CC-by-sa instead of essentially writing a new GNU
license.

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)