[Foundation-l] fund drive update - why was the message removed from en.wikipedia?

Angela_ beesley at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 19:54:46 UTC 2004

Daniel Mayer wrote:
> That just obscures the *very* important copyright and disclaimer info.

It could go underneath that then, if it is felt necessary to have a
permanent notice, which I'm not convinced about anyway.

> If we are going to have a fund drive we really need to have notices up that
people can't miss. They will be taken down when the fund drive is over.

Yes, but we're not having a fundraising drive right now. This is about
having some sort of permanent notice because you complained about the
other one being taken down. If we don't need a permanent one, then the
suggestion of having it at the bottom can just be ignored. This was
not to replace real notices during fundraising drives, which obviously
need to be prominent. It was about providing an alternative for the
periods that we are *not* having fundraising drives.

David Gerrard wrote:
> Up periodically whenever we declare a funding drive. It could do with
> a goal and a running total, by the way. It should be up from now until
> a week after Jimbo's Slashdot answers, I think.

Would it not be more effective removing it until we are on Slashdot
again? Keeping it there now when people have already started to tune
out from it doesn't seem as worthwhile as removing it now and putting
it back up when we are on Slashdot again.

> Yes, it's way too subtle.

Too subtle for a fundraising drive, yes. But we're not currently
having one of those, so isn't it better than nothing?

Angela.