[Foundation-l] fund drive update - why was the message removed from en.wikipedia?

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 22 06:28:31 UTC 2004

During the 8 days of the fund drive we took in an average of 855 dollars a day
for a total of $6850. But the average was trending down toward the end.

The month before the fund drive we averaged $89 a day. So I would say that the
fund drive was a big (but not huge) success.

However, why was the fund drive notice taken off of the English Wikipedia? I
thought we were going to wait until a week after Jimbo's answers were posted on
Slashdot. Since the notice was taken down our daily average plummeted to a
little more than $100 a day.

Could the notice be put back so that most cached pages will have it by the time
we get Slashdotted? Or was there a decision made somewhere that it should be
taken down?

-- Daniel Mayer