[Foundation-l] Server donation

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 21 18:35:23 UTC 2004

--- "Jimmy (Jimbo) Wales" <jwales at wikia.com> wrote:
> These prices are much more in tune with what I would have expected.
> So far the cheapest quote I have personally seen from France is
> roughly 500 Euros.

Didn't we get a whole bunch of offers to mirror our content? I think this would
be a golden opportunity to set up European squids. That should help reduce load
on the Wikimedia server farm and shave some time off at least anon reads from
Europe. But if the plan is to gut these machines for parts, then I can
understand the need to ship them to Florida.

-- Daniel