[Foundation-l] Setting up Wikinews languages

Jimmy (Jimbo) Wales jwales at wikia.com
Fri Dec 3 11:15:27 UTC 2004

Yes, please set up de.  I was interviewed by Die Welt last night, as
was elian.  (Erik, I would have pointed them to you, but you weren't
on irc and I didn't have a phone number for you, and she was on a
deadline.)

--Jimbo

Mathias Schindler wrote:

> Erik Moeller wrote:
>
> >It should be noted that on two of the language voting pages, no majority
> >was reached on starting the project. These are French and Chinese. Others
> >had very small participation.
>
> ...maybe due to the fact that the poll procedure started with english as
> the first page where to place your vote. At least that's what I did.
>
> >In any case, I would ask for the immediate authorization of
> >de.wikinews.org, as there was overwhelming support on the German voting
> >page for starting the project, there has been some German press coverage
> >on it, and there is already much interest on the German mailing list.
>
> I support that.
>
> Mathias

"La nèfle est un fruit." - first words of 50,000th article on fr.wikipedia.org