[Foundation-l] Request for starting Wikicommons

Andre Engels andrewiki at freemail.nl
Mon Aug 16 12:13:54 UTC 2004

About one month ago, I asked about WikiCommons, and Eloquence answered that
he would not object against early creation any more. I have let it pass
because of my holidays, but now would like to get started with this, hoping
to have something set up when I start my new job on October 1.

Thus, I would ask for the Wiki to be set up, proposed address:
commons.wikimedia.org, perhaps with a redirect from commons.wikipedia.org.

I would also like to know how far attempts at getting a new upload form have
now come.

Once it has been set up, I would like to invite everyone to come over to
join in early policy discussion and get an upload basis, as well as to join
with Eloquence in his work to improve the Mediawiki software for this
purpose (see [[meta:Wikimedia Commons]]).

People who have already shown interest in the project will be contacted by
me once it is set up, as will be the various (other) Wikimedia projects.

Andre Engels