[Engineering] [Wikitech-l] Phabricator spam - account approval requirement enabled

Mukunda Modell mmodell at wikimedia.org
Mon Jul 2 00:48:52 UTC 2018

Hi Leon. I can't thank you enough for your efforts to help clean things up
in Phabricator.  I can, however, help make the bot more effective. See
below for responses inline.

On Sun, Jul 1, 2018 at 10:47 AM Leon Ziemba <musikanimal at wikimedia.org>
wrote:

> An update... the bot went to sleep as instructed a few hours after I went
> to sleep. Bot is now back up and running, with some ~4,500 tasks still to
> fix.
>
> A few problems:
> * The new "rate limiting" of the API is rather rigorous. Release
> engineering tried to whitelist the bot but we had no luck. So, it will take
> some time to go through everything.

I'm still looking into why the bot hits the rate limit. I'm sure I can come
up with a way to get it whitelisted.

> * If the bot hits the rate limit while editing a task, all other changes
> it was going to make to that task didn't happen. Hence you may see only
> some corrections on some tasks.
> * The priority level is now being set to "Needs triage". This is because
> the Conduit API gives me numbers for the priority level, and the edit API
> wants a string (?!?). I don't know what numbers are for what priorities, so
> "Needs triage" it is. Older versions of the script left the priority level
> unchanged, so either way you may wish to review the priorities of your
> tasks. If you know what the priority number to string mapping is, please
> tell me :)

If you would like to alter the bot to restore the correct priority, this
should help; The priority levels are configured as follows:

{
  "10": {
    "color": "sky",
    "keywords": [