[Engineering] GitHub mention spam

Jaime Crespo jcrespo at wikimedia.org
Wed Feb 1 20:17:36 UTC 2017

I forgot to mention that I opened a support ticket (just an "abuse/spam"
report link) yesterday, at pure individual level. They went back to me
saying "they were aware of it and where working on it".

I am commenting this so we do not duplicate the reports.

On Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 9:11 PM, Matthew Flaschen <mflaschen at wikimedia.org>
wrote:

> On 02/01/2017 10:34 AM, Chad Horohoe wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 7:29 PM Matthew Flaschen
>> <mflaschen at wikimedia.org <mailto:mflaschen at wikimedia.org>> wrote:
>>
>>     Is there a thread or task to solve the GitHub mention spam problem?
>>

>> Nope, not that I know of. But the jerk doing this on Github is the
>> same one doing Phab (see ops@ thread)
>>

> I sent a support request to support at github.com, requesting some better
> preventative measures along the lines in my OP of this thread.
>

> Matt Flaschen

Jaime Crespo
<http://wikimedia.org>