[Engineering] [QA] Selenium Ruby framework deprecation

Greg Grossmeier greg at wikimedia.org
Thu Aug 24 16:16:46 UTC 2017

<quote name="Ċ½eljko Filipin" date="2017-08-24" time="12:47:03 +0200">
> Hi Jon,
>
> I am glad to extend the deadline for teams that need more time, but I would
> like to avoid maintaining both Ruby and Node.js Selenium frameworks for a
> long time. Since time is always limited, we can spend it in making Node.js
> framework better or in maintaining Ruby framework.

Just to be explicit/clarify a bit more:

The Ruby framework will not disappear/be actively removed from projects
after October. Instead, we (WMF RelEng) will stop actively maintaining
it. It's in deprecation mode right now so only urgent fixes are done.

Greg

--
| Greg Grossmeier            GPG: B2FA 27B1 F7EB D327 6B8E |
| Release Team Manager            A18D 1138 8E47 FAC8 1C7D |