[Engineering] Phabricator was down for a short time today (April 4th)

Greg Grossmeier greg at wikimedia.org
Mon Apr 4 17:57:18 UTC 2016

Apologies for not sending out this announcement before hand.

Short summary: The machine that Phabricator is hosted on rebooted itself
last night due to high temperatures. It ended up just shutting itself
down.

Today we needed our DataCenter Technician to reapply the thermal paste
in an attempt to remedy the issue. That took less than 10 minutes but it
happened during the middle of the day.

Full details: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T131742

And yes, we are requesting a backup machine so issues like this won't
have as much of an impact on you (our users):
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T131775

Best,

Greg

--
| Greg Grossmeier            GPG: B2FA 27B1 F7EB D327 6B8E |
| identi.ca: @greg                A18D 1138 8E47 FAC8 1C7D |