[Education] Wikipedia and Education: Wikimania in Haifa

Lori Byrd Phillips hstryqt at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 20:15:10 UTC 2011

I think it'd be great to have a Wikipedia and Education get together at
Wikimania, and I very much look forward to it!

While not indicative in the title, my proposal has educational leanings. I
kind of straddle the GLAM-Wiki and Campus Ambassador worlds at the moment,
having developed graduate level museum studies course units for editing
Wikipedia. Part of my proposal includes a museum program implemented earlier
this year that taught 33 middle and high school students to edit and
contribute to Wikipedia. I tend to get pretty pedagogical, so it may be of
interest to this group as well.
http://wikimania2011.wikimedia.org/wiki/Submissions/New_opportunities_in_GLAM-Wiki_collaboration

Thanks Frank & all,

Lori