[ComProj] Wikimania as a communication project

Sandy Dorotheo sandyd at cols.com.au
Tue Sep 11 21:33:34 UTC 2007

Dear guys,

I hope you don’t mind this approach. Rather than contributing to separate
elists, I’ve put a message on a bulletin board hosted at OCLC. They’re the
largest non profit for librarians in the world. They also have a tool – the
Dewey Decimal Code – which could help wikimedians associate their content
with their projects (and communications).

I’ve started a thread and offered a poll if you’d like to offer an opinion.
HYPERLINK
"http://forums.oclc.org/idealbb/view.asp?topicID=11732"http://forums.oclc.or
g/idealbb/view.asp?topicID=11732

So far as a little background on me. I’m a fifty something who has worked in
media for a lot a years and would like to help by getting a bunch of
sponsors on board the wiki train – both for the conference and also for the
equipment which supports wikimediafoundation (non profit) stuff.

I also have a bunch of mates who have run conferences for Rotarians in the
past E.g. 64,000 in Chicago a few years ago.

My best regards,

Simon Fenton - Jones

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
1:24 PM