[Commons-l] Fwd: [Gendergap] Photo of the Day on Wikimedia Commons

Stan Shebs stanshebs at earthlink.net
Mon May 16 20:05:23 UTC 2011

On 5/16/11 12:43 PM, Chris McKenna wrote:
> As far as I read the arguments we have two groups of people, those who
> want to censor images that they do not like or that they think other
> people will not like; and those that want to actively stand up for the
> rights to an uncensored collection of free media.

False dichotomy - intelligent choice of front-page content is orthogonal
to choice of collection content.  I'm perfectly content for Commons to
have 100,000+ penis photos, indeed a large number starts to make it
statistically interesting, but that doesn't mean I think that changing
PotD to mean "Penis of the Day" is a good idea.

Stan