[Commons-l] Fwd: [Foundation-l] Friendliness (was: Missing Wikipedians: An Essay)

Walter Siegmund siegmund at astro.washington.edu
Tue Feb 22 18:08:01 UTC 2011

While Michel Vuijlsteke's points are excellent, and I agree that
editors should be encouraged to be patient and welcoming to new
editors, there may be a problem with the file. That said, a deletion
nomination is not a good way to respond to a file problem.

I find that Safari does not display the preview of
File:Van_istendael675.jpg correctly. It displays as a dark negative
image. Camino does not display the preview and comments as follows on
the file itself.
"The image “http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a9/Van_istendael675.jpg
” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors."

Google Chrome displays the file and preview properly.
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Van_istendael675.jpg

Walter Siegmund