[Commons-l] [Wikivideo-l] OpenCourseware videos, video players, and more

Samuel Klein meta.sj at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 00:50:02 UTC 2011

On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 10:21 PM,  <pbk at intelligenttv.com> wrote:
> Thanks, Sam.  Another opportunity here may be for the community to help
> define new citation standards for time-based media.   There are no commonly
> accepted practices yet - still - for how to write and punctuate references
> to film and sound in captions, footnotes, and bibliographies.
>
> -- Peter.

Very true.  I look forward to having a page at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Manual_of_Style_(multimedia)
... That could start with a list of nonstandard and unaccepted
practices in print, and the current templates in use on Wikipedia[1].

SJ

[1] For instance, on en:wp -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Cite_video
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Cite_episode