[Commons-l] Proposal for an allrightsreserved.wikimedia.org website

Lars Aronsson lars at aronsson.se
Thu Feb 3 12:50:41 UTC 2011

On 02/02/2011 01:03 AM, David Gerard wrote:
> There have been slight concerns over the years, with a small number of
> people greatly concerned that Commons carries non-free WMF utility
> images as well as the free media.

The obvious solution is that WMF should free license its
logotypes. I'm sick and tired of having to deal with this
crazy policy as soon as our chapter wants to print t-shirts
or anything such. I made a design for a copyright-free
alternative logotype for Wikimedia Sverige,
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:WMSE_threecrowns.png
and I think we could go on to design our own logotype
for the Swedish Wikipedia. Why not?

We're lucky Creative Commons doesn't claim copyright to
its logo. It's used in millions of places on WMF sites.

--
   Lars Aronsson (lars at aronsson.se)