[Commons-l] About the current Commons homepage

Hay (Husky) huskyr at gmail.com
Sun May 16 22:54:49 UTC 2010

On Sun, May 16, 2010 at 5:04 PM, Magnus Manske
<magnusmanske at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Hacked something:
>> http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Main_Page&withJS=MediaWiki:Main_page_thumbnail_cycler.js
Nice :) Although i guess maybe only one image instead of a few might
be a bit easier on the eye. Is there any way i could edit the
Javascript? I tried loading it from my personal userspace, but
apparently MediaWiki doesn't allow that (only from the Mediawiki:
space).

I've put a wireframe rendering of the Commons brainstorm sketches on
the Usability wiki:

http://usability.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Commons_2010_wireframe_1.png

Maybe we can take that as a starting point for further discussions on
the redesign.

-- Hay