[Commons-l] Add this at Commons

Neil Kandalgaonkar neilk at wikimedia.org
Thu Aug 26 23:12:43 UTC 2010

Erik is right that we shouldn't use addthis.com (or sharethis.com, or
any other) -- those companies exist to collect aggregate data about what
is shared, and some insert interstitial advertisements when you use them.

But, the idea of a sharing widget is a great one. I'd add it to the
Commons TODO, except... well, there isn't one, except for the one
Guillaume is maintaining, but this is really for the Multimedia project.
(http://usability.wikimedia.org/wiki/Multimedia:Hub)

Maybe file a bug and mark it an enhancement?

Neil Kandalgaonkar (|  <neilk at wikimedia.org>