[Commons-l] Commons images loop video

Michael Dale mdale at wikimedia.org
Tue Sep 22 14:35:40 UTC 2009

We are working on using the Firefogg extension to "render" browser DOM
states to ogg video with attached audio tracks. This is part of an
effort to support "flattening" edited sequences that may include
javascript effects and css/html/svg/dom overlays into a flat ogg video
that any ogg player can view.

If you can modify any of the mentioned javascript slide-show
applications you could in add in an export function.

You will need Firefox 3.5.x and the firefogg extension installed. (
firefogg.org )

You can see the Firefogg flattener documentation here:
http://firefogg.org/dev/render.html

and example usage here...
http://firefogg.org/examples/framerender_example.html
... looks like the example has not been updated for the new api... I
have cc'ed jan the firefogg developer perhaps he can plop in a quick fix
...( looks like its calling the addAudioUrl without the duration
parameter? )

--michael