[Commons-l] Commons images loop video

Magnus Manske magnusmanske at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 22 14:06:49 UTC 2009

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 2:02 PM, Federico Leva (Nemo)
<nemowiki at gmail.com> wrote:
> Daniel Schwen, 22/09/2009 14:45:
>> This is neat. Needs randomizing, noscroll, wait until images are fully
>> loaded, opacity/fading, Ken Burnsing(?)
>
> But still it's great (and sooo quick). Thank you, Magnus!

I turned randomization on (was off for testing, I forgot), and now has
overflow:hidden (=noscroll). All images except the first one are
pre-cached.

Of course, wikimedia servers are down, so no joy :-(

>> But it is not what the uploader asked for, I guess. There are many
>> tools that do what he wants: Gwenview/Digikam, Kdenlive for example.
>
> Actually the most annoying thing is to download all images individually,
> then Magnus tool is (already) very useful. The problem is how to convert
> the loop into a (not huge) video to be watched without internet
> connection or combined with an audio recording.

So, some tool to (transiently) generate a tar file with all images in
a category for downloading? Might be worth a try...

Cheers,
Magnus