[Commons-l] Where to report hotlinking?

Delphine Ménard notafishz at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 10:08:39 UTC 2009

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 10:59, Hay (Husky) <huskyr at gmail.com> wrote:
> Of course, even though hotlinking is allowed technically, you still
> need to comply to the licensing terms for those media files, e.g. give
> attribution to the author and put a link to the license text.

Yes, I was thinking that. I suppose hotlinking is done through the
"raw" url, which means access to the licence page is simply not
happening. Not a problem if people actually credit the authors/respect
the licence by adding the necessary info on their website. Not too
cool if they don't.

Cheers,

Delphine

--