[Commons-l] Sync videos and PDFs

Magnus Manske magnusmanske at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 6 11:04:47 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I am looking at  the Wikimania videos right now - great stuff!

I noticed that many talks have the slides uploaded as PDFs as well,
where we can browse to individual pages within the PDF.

Also, I noticed that there is a large blank space right of a playing video.

So, why not have the appropriate slide show next to the video as it plays?
All we'd need is some JavaScript interpreting a template that has
timestamp-to-page values.
I'd have done it but I couldn't figure out how to query the state
(playtime) of the FireFox <video> tag.
Anyone know how to?

Cheers,
Magnus