[Commons-l] Wikimedia as stock photo source

Nicolas Guérin nguerin.zurich at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 08:12:11 UTC 2009

Well, there's no really need to cite Wikipedia, because the license said
that the author (the person who took the picture) and the license should be
mentionned. To cite "Wikipedia" is welcome but not necessary.

I think that by writing "Photo: Wikipedia" they have good intentions, they
just don't know how to proceed correctly.
So it will be good just to send them a friendly e-mail which explains them
how to cite correctly the source (e.g.: Photo by *name of the photographer*,
CC-BY-SA-3.0)

   Guérin Nicolas