[Commons-l] Pikiwiki project problems

Mike.lifeguard mikelifeguard at fastmail.fm
Thu Jun 4 16:15:36 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-06-04 at 15:41 +0200, Maarten Dammers wrote:

> Eugene Zelenko schreef:
> > Upload bot was blocked, not Dror.
> Actually Dror was blocked too. He went on an "I want to get blocked
> mission" (starting editwars and other disruptive behaviour). This post
> describes is quite well:
> http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Commons%3AAdministrators%27_noticeboard%2FUser_problems&diff=21997128&oldid=21997107
>
> Maarten

Yes, that accurately describes his behaviour. Nonetheless, I've
unblocked him and left him some comments. I fully expect that he will be
concentrating on fixing the issues with Pikiwikisrael instead of more
edit warring, thus the block was no longer preventative. If I'm wrong,
then another block may become necessary, provided it is a last resort to
prevent disruption to the project. Drork is aware that he is not getting
a free pass from me.

-Mike