[Commons-l] [Fwd: Pikiwiki - Israel free image collection project - Starting engines]

abigor at forgotten-beauty.com abigor at forgotten-beauty.com
Tue Jan 13 17:56:28 UTC 2009

Hello,

I like the idea but this sound very very bad:

Anyone who is willing to contribute his images can open an account there
and declare that the pictures are his own and that he is willing to
release them either to the public domain or under cc-by-2.5

How can we check if the images are really there own and license under de
license as stated.

This is a great way to place copyvios on Commons.

And a other problem, the images are not uploaded under the license he
says. The are placed under the gfdl and cc-by-3.0 license
See ya,

Huib v Neerbos