[Commons-l] revoking licenses /user-request-deletions

Stan Shebs stanshebs at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 17 16:02:29 UTC 2008

ABF wrote:
> Yesterday there was a user who clearly wants all of his Images yust to
> have all his Images gone and after we opposed his CSD-request he yust
> said "My father/sister/whatever took the Image, so its unfree" and we
> had to delete them all.

He claimed he was the creator of the images when he uploaded them,
right? So it becomes "either you were lying to us then, or you're lying
to us now" - without any additional evidence, we could simply choose to
believe that the uploader is lying now.

We could up the ante and insist that the uploader publish an affidavit
giving real name and affirming the original upload claims were
fraudulent, and of course being banned forever from all Wikimedia
projects. Let's see how many people really want the top Google hit on
the name to be a public admission of fraud...

Stan