[Commons-l] geograph.org.uk

Daniel Schwen lists at schwen.de
Wed Oct 15 21:33:27 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 15 October 2008 04:15:46 pm Gregory Maxwell wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 5:10 PM, Howard Cheng <howard at howcheng.com> wrote:
> > I think many of them have already been uploaded. See
> > <http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:Search?search=geograph.co.uk&g
> >o=Go>
Well, it's geograph.*org*.uk, and you might as well look at
[[:Category:Geograph_images]]

> Only a few thousand here and there unless I missed something.
9,562 :-)

So they have what, a little over a million? I'd say thanks, but no thanks. It
really is a pity that they rescale to 640 pixels. If we import all of them
we'd be essentially duplicating their hosting effort with a much worse
interface (no offense), and we'd just clutter up our picture collection with
technically inferior images (and I challenge you to categorize them all!).
--
[[en:User:Dschwen]]
[[de:Benutzer:Dschwen]]