[Commons-l] geograph.org.uk

Charlotte Webb charlottethewebb at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 20:54:35 UTC 2008

On 10/15/08, Joe Szilagyi <szilagyi at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.geograph.org.uk/
>
> I'd never heard of this project before I saw it on Boing Boing today. A
> million freely licensed images of the UK-- have there ever been any
> discussion of getting with them, to get these on Commons?

Specifically they say:
> "In addition, we require all submitters to adopt a Creative Commons
> Attribution-ShareAlike licence"

So there would be no real need to discuss, only to comply with the
terms of the licence [sic]. Better questions would be how well they
police themselves for plagiarism, and whether they have any internal
quality control mechanism (i.e. do they routinely delete patently
useless images).

—C.W.