[Commons-l] This delights me

Judson Dunn cohesion at sleepyhead.org
Fri May 16 16:57:06 UTC 2008

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 6:10 AM, Andrew Gray <shimgray at gmail.com> wrote:
> A few weeks ago, visiting a friend in London, I did the usual quick
> round of museums; when at the Imperial War Museum, I took a pile of
> photographs of various exhibits. I put them on flickr, and made a
> mental note to put them on Commons at some point. Of course, what with
> one thing and another, I never got round to it.
>
> Since then, someone's transferred several over to be used as
> illustrations for a handful of enwp articles, used one as the basis
> for writing another article entirely, and left me a very nice note to
> explain this...
>
> I can't help but shake the feeling that our system *works* :-)

I had this happen also, I have google alerts for my name, and found
someone on Wikipedia using an image and even attributing it to me with
my actual name, rather than my flickr account. (not that it's hidden
in flickr or anything, and I really don't care either way) I was quite
impressed also!

Judson
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Cohesion