[Commons-l] GFDL-1.2 only - deletion discussion

Nilfanion nilfanion at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 13 16:43:06 UTC 2008

{{GFDL-1.2}} was nominated for deletion on the grounds it is not
actually that free. I'm not trying to express an opinion on whether it
is worth keeping or not, but feel that COM:DEL should not be used as
the primary discussion venue for the validity of a template.

I've closed the debate (though I may end up getting overturned), and
moved the discussion to the (previously empty) talk page -
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Template_talk:GFDL-1.2

This post is just to notify of the discussion and to see if this
approach (establish validity and determine strategy on the template's
talk as opposed to COM:DEL) is more appropriate than on a deletion
discussion - which with high-use templates tends to generate badly.