[Commons-l] Panoramio as Images Source

Delphine Ménard notafishz at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 09:26:58 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 4:48 AM, Eugene Zelenko
<eugene.zelenko at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I discovered that Panoramio started to support Creative Commons
> licenses 3.0. Looks like my e-mail back into the June 2007 had some
> influence :-) See http://www.panoramio.com/user/519353 as example but
> please don't export - all of this photos are in Commons already :-)
>
> Unfortunately licenses are revocable as in Flickr.
>
> I also don't aware of the simple way to filter CC-BY and CC-BY-SA
> images only. Web interface doesn't have this feature.
>
> Original Panoramio blog announcement:
> http://www.panoramio.com/blog/new-update-around-600000-new-photos-from-panoramio-added-to-google-earth/

This makes me think, out of the blue.

How difficult would it really be for the Foundation (helped around by
commons contributors) to get together with Flickr' or Panoramio and
develop a "post your freely-licensed pictures to Flickr and to commons
at the same time" kind of widget, or something like "ping the commons
community to review your pictures and upload them to commons"?

*I* would love it...

Delphine (thinking out loud)
--
~notafish