[Commons-l] Institutional stats reports

Platonides Platonides at gmail.com
Sat Jul 5 13:59:07 UTC 2008

Magnus Manske wrote:
>> We could do daily CheckUsage for images and count on a day-by-day
>> basis. Or just once a week. Or once a month. These will average out
>> over time.

That would work if they were exact views. But given that they're average
views, the fact that one person viewed the page today with an ratio
1/1000 doesn't mean the other 999 people could view it yesterday before
the image was added.

I think only urls in the form http://foo/wiki/bar are being counted.