[Commons-l] 100k image donation to Wikimedia Commons

Finn Rindahl finnrindwiki at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 22:33:45 UTC 2008

My example of money is based on that a gift (donation pr credit card or
check) of 0,1$ would cost the WMF more to receive (fees/administraton) than
the value of it - that's the reason why it's now a minimum amount for gifts.
A 800px image - while not as good as a high res - doesn't really cost us
anything else than serverspace and the job of uploading/mainating those
imaes at Commons. All in all, a VERY good beginning - hopefully we can get
even better deals in the future. Keep up the good work Mathias&co

Finn Rindahl