[Commons-l] The great {{Information}} campaign

Magnus Manske magnusmanske at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 6 19:10:46 UTC 2007

> On 9/6/07, Ayelie <ayelie.at.large at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Definitely a good idea. There should be an announcement on the village pump
> > and maybe a sitenotice with a link to the thread, even. Remind people that
> > all their uploads should use the template, that they should go through old
> > uploads and add it, etc...
>
> I think we're doing okay on new uploads.. it's mostly old things
> (especially things transferred from other projects) which are
> problematic.

For completeness's sake:

Transfers done using my CommonsHelper will have {{information}},
filled with appropriate values from the source, or some (good!)
guesswork if the source does not use {{Information}}.

To add {{Information}} to an existing image, try
http://tools.wikimedia.de/~magnus/add_information.php
(well, once the toolserver is working again;-)

Also, I just created [[MediaWiki:AddInformation.js]], which displays
"Add {{Information}}" link in the toolbox, linking to above toolserver
page. Only if the image doesn't contain {{Information}}, of course.
And yes, will work as advertised, when the stars^W toolserver is right again ;-)

To find all YOUR images that lack {{Information}} (or any user), try
http://tools.wikimedia.de/~magnus/mynoinfo.php
(again, toolserver is broken)

'nuf said.

Magnus