[Commons-l] Direct transfer of properly licensed images from wikipedias to commons?

Samuli Lintula samuli at samulilintula.net
Sun Oct 28 19:39:50 UTC 2007

On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 08:53:07 +0300, <samuli at samulilintula.net> wrote:

> Do I detect a bit of a mocking attitude here? I don't see any reason for
> that. Why would we want to lose a chance to check images that are being
> uploaded on Commons? It is very good practice that we check if source is
> provided, if the source seems plausible, if permission is provided, if
> there is anything dubious about the image etc. We should try to check
> these things with fresh uploads and transfers from other projects.
>
> If we are to presume something, I presume that local projects have at
> least as many copyvios or sourceless/permissionless images as Commons.
> That is, within the range of 10-30 %.

It seems that the community would rather see a higher success rate and is
quite irate when a human review fails as badly as a bot review would:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Administrators'_noticeboard/User_problems#Liftarn_.28talk_.E2.80.A2_contribs.29

--
Ystävällisin terveisin,
Samuli Lintula