[Commons-l] Credits in books

Aoineko aoineko at gamma.ocn.ne.jp
Thu Oct 25 16:25:37 UTC 2007

(Sorry, new comer to this ML, I didn't found the way to reply directly
to Rama's e-mail)

I was also contact by the same person (I suppose, according to Rama's
description) for the use of 12 of my pictures!
My work is done to be reused, but 12 pictures (+ those from Rama,
/Magnus, etc./) is a much, isn't it?
Can't we ask this publisher for a small insert to promote Commons as an
exchange!?
With all the money they will save using our pictures, I think it's a
good deal for them.
What do you think about that?

Aoineko

-----------------------------
*Rama Rama wrote:

*An author has contacted me to use some of my photographs in a book (a
big, serious, scholarly, several-volume thing). He contacted me, and
several other users, after seeing images on Commons. Consequences:

1) Commons does get some visibility, and provides images to serious
work. Cheer up, people !

2) The author is enquiring how I wish to be credited. What do you
people think would be a concise yet effective way to mention Wikimedia
Commons in such cases ?

Cheers !
-- Rama