[Commons-l] License in Books

wayne cpa at sympatico.ca
Wed Oct 24 13:50:19 UTC 2007

>I don't know how long the credit may be, but maybe something like this:
>"Photographs on pages X, X, X by Rama Rama. Released under License X.
>Distributed by Wikimedia Commons: http://commons.wikimedia.org"

I have used Commons images on three occasions in a book, an online
magazine and on a postcard. I credited with the photographers name if
it was there (not UserName) and Wikimedia CC license # but I did not
use the website, I will next time. I left a note for permission on
User page but no one replied. Wayne Ray