[Commons-l] Allow Digital Negative (DNG) RAW format on Commons? (and increase filesize limit)

Jastrow jastrow at pip-pip.org
Wed Nov 21 18:37:16 UTC 2007

Le 11/21/07 7:03 PM, Artur Fijałkowski a écrit :
>> On 21/11/2007, Delphine Ménard <notafishz at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> How many people actually use any kind of RAW format on their digital
>>> camera should be the first question we ask. My take is that very few
>>> actually do.
>>> Well, I don't :-)

I do :-p

>> Serious photographers tend to if they can.
>
> And most of our photographers aren't 'serious' cause they don't have
> money for such cameras ;)

DSLRs are much less expensive now than they used to be, but native RAW
pictures are unusable if undeveloped. Which means the user has to buy a
software and develop each of their pictures. I know you can batch
process your pictures but still, it takes time.

As a whole I tend to agree with Rama: I don't see how allowing DNG will
bring us more resolution.

Jastrow