[Commons-l] Allow Digital Negative (DNG) RAW format on Commons? (and increase filesize limit)

Rama Rama ramaneko at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 14:20:22 UTC 2007

I'll follow a little bit on Andrew's comment to say that I am not sure
that I see the correlation between high resolution (fit for printing)
and RAW images. RAW allows you to develop an optimal JPEG image,
possibly better than what the automatic settings of the camera
produce, or what an inexperienced (or colour-blind, ...) photographer
could do.

But I don't think that it will bring more *resolution*. This stems
from using high-hand cameras, or high-hand scanners (and appropriate
analog toolchain), or stitching images.

-- Rama