[Commons-l] Meet our photographers page?

Matthew Brown morven at gmail.com
Wed May 30 07:57:46 UTC 2007

On 5/29/07, Brianna Laugher <brianna.laugher at gmail.com> wrote:
> It's unusual, for a wiki page, but this page doesn't really have a
> wiki audience. Not sure how it's misleading.

It's misleading in that it doesn't say anything along the lines of
'Meet our best photographers' or '... selection of our best
photographers', or something along these lines.

Also, if nothing about the criteria or indeed the page's purpose are
stated on the page, anyone who considers themselves a photographer and
doesn't read the talk page carefully will add themselves.

> What do you think is a reasonable critierion? How many people could be
> comfortably listed on such a page? A dozen or so strikes me as about
> right. After that, who's going to pay attention?

A dozen, maybe 20, or so?  Whatever criteria can select a good,
representative number.  I'd say less than eight looks bad, though.
Right now it seems to have one.

-Matt