[Commons-l] pokeballs anyone?

Pedro Sanchez pdsanchez at gmail.com
Tue May 29 22:14:55 UTC 2007

I wonder
are pokeball drawings derivative work of nintendo stuff or not?

Since I've sen many on commons (there's one Nuvo!a pokeball that was
created USING a red ball from the nuvola icon set, but that doesn't
mean the pokeball is from the nuvola icon, as it seems to be thought
by pokefans. Several other images are derivative from it

I've listed the ones I found at
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Deletion_requests/Image:Nuvo%21a_ball.svg
and also removed one created by geni upon him requesting it

Some of those (like the portal one) were created by users who at some
point made fairuse-like tempaltes for commons (see {{pokémon}}) to
justify their existence

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe those are GFDL-able, if it so, could someone
cluebat me in the deletion request?