[Commons-l] [daily-image-l] Technical problem: some emails are missing the image link

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 10:59:24 UTC 2007

On 19/03/07, Wikimedia Commons Picture of the Day
<daily-image-l at lists.wikimedia.org> wrote:

> Some of you may have occasionally received daily-image-l emails that
> are missing the image link (URL) and copyright information, where the
> email starts (rather unhelpfully) at "Descriptions".
> I am aware of this problem but I don't know yet what causes it or how
> it can be fixed. I will try and find out. The archives always show the
> full email, and different people report the problem on different days,
> so it seems quite random.

I've reported it to Gmail at:

    http://mail.google.com/support/bin/request.py

If everyone having this problem reports it to Google, that would be
good and give them more reports to work with.

Paste in the message as received, then paste in the original message
as sent, which you can get by clicking on the down-arrow next to
"Reply" and going to "Show original."

- d.