[Commons-l] Please do not delete images used on [[Wikimedia logo mosaic]]

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Tue Mar 13 15:19:51 UTC 2007

On 3/13/07, Guillaume Paumier <guillom.pom at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> It is the second time in two weeks I have to restore a deleted image that
> appears on the [[Wikimedia logo mosaic]]:

In some way, the torn apart mosaic would be a nice visual indication
of the rate of content loss we suffer from copyvios. ;-)

I agree with you that it's good manners to check usage before
deleting, but I still prefer deleting a copyvio to leaving it alone.
Redundant and "low quality" images are another matter, though.
--
Peace & Love,
Erik

"An old, rigid civilization is reluctantly dying. Something new, open,
free and exciting is waking up." -- Ming the Mechanic