[Commons-l] Please do not delete images used on [[Wikimedia logo mosaic]]

Guillaume Paumier guillom.pom at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 14:33:44 UTC 2007

Hello,

It is the second time in two weeks I have to restore a deleted image that
appears on the [[Wikimedia logo mosaic]]:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special%3ALog&type=delete&user=&page=Image%3ANorthwest+Airlines+Boeing+757-200.jpg
http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special%3ALog&type=delete&user=&page=Image%3ATermografia+chiesa.jpg

It may be because of our brand new CommonsDelinker (great tool btw), some
admins may feel they can delete images without checking the usage of all
photos. This is not the case. Please always checkusage before deleting. If
you are about to delete an image appearing in the mosaic, find another one
to replace it *before* deleting the bad one.

And please, do not turn this thread into an endless argument about « why
haven't all these images been verified before », I am sure they have been.

--
Guillaume Paumier
[[m:User:guillom]]