[Commons-l] New Java audio player, now with video.

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 22:46:11 UTC 2007

On 3/7/07, David Still <daveydweeb at gmail.com> wrote:
> Unfortunately, the player causes serious problems under Mac OS 10.4.8.
> Safari 2.0.4 either crashes when playing or reports that Java is
> unavailable (it's installed and enabled, so something's wrong there),
> while other browsers like Camino show other weird problems (where the
> Java player causes the entire window -- or large portions of it -- to
> appear as garbage, even after changing or closing tabs).
>
> Is there any way to test the player on these systems?

Sounds like you just did. :)

[I'm replying in public just to avoid people thinking that it's known
to be completely non-functional in OSX, which is not the case.]

I've had positive reports from other Mac users, although I believe
they were in FireFox. Do you know what Java virtual machine your
browser is using?  Behavior within a single JVM is usually fairly
consistent.

Do the videos at metavid work for you?
http://metavid.ucsc.edu/overlay/video_player/webview?stream_name=house_proceeding_02-05-07_00&t=00:00:00/00:01:00